Manufacturers, your time has come. Move over Sage 100 Work Order and MRP modules and make room for Sage Production Management. Sage Production Management provides discrete, make-to-stock manufacturers and fabricators with the tools you need to increase accuracy, promote visibility and boost efficiency. It’s ready now for Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud users. Here’s the what, why, how and when of this new powerhouse.
What is it?
Sage Production Management for Sage 100 is the replacement for the current Work Order and MRP modules. It will offer the same features as Work Order and provide additional benefits including SQL compatibility, dual grids and batch processes, custom office and visual integrator support, and much more. Additional functionality will be available to Sage 100cloud subscribers.
Why is it?
As you probably know, for many years Sage has been essentially rebuilding Sage 100 into the Business Object Framework module by module. The Work Order and MRP modules remained in the original code base, much to the disappointment of manufacturers. To expedite the transition to the Business Object Framework and to infuse the module with fresh new functionality, Sage contracted with an independent software vendor that specializes in warehouse management and manufacturing automation.
How is it?
Sage Production Management centralizes the production process and delivers the visibility assemblers, manufacturers and fabricators need to understand their costs, the status of items, and the material quantities required to meet demand. Sage Production Management promises to help manufacturers optimize inventory management, increase collaboration, and automate workflows with features and functionality like this:
- Dynamic, real-time updating of inventory transactions and quantity on-hand as materials are issued to a work order
- Create new work orders from multiple sources: template, open work order, historical work order, or manually, with complete visibility as to how the work order was created
- Assign regular earnings codes and overtime earnings codes to shop employees
- Work ticket steps and materials are fully editable until the work ticket is closed
- Maintain original and revised budgets for labor, materials & other direct costs
- Easily move materials from one step to another step number
- Use revision numbers on work order templates
- One-click purchase order for outside processing
- Support make to stock job type
- Support for make to order job type (requires add-on)
- Product Configurator (requires add-on)
Note that some of the extended functionality above will be available only to Sage 100cloud subscribers.
When is it?
Sage Production Management was released in May. MicroAccounting and Sage will continue to support existing customers using the legacy Work Order and MRP modules as the rollout and transition occurs over the next couple of years. During this transition time, existing customers will be able to continue using the legacy modules or migrate to the new Production Management. At some point (not yet unspecified), Sage will discontinue the support of the legacy modules.
We’re sure you’ve got questions and we’re here to help. Contact us to discuss Sage Production Management. There are several variables to determine the best timing for your business to make the move and detailed planning is required. We’re here to help!