Sage released Sage 100/Sage 100c version 2018 October 20. Here are some of the new features we like best.
Please note that while only Sage 100c contains all of these items, many are also included in Sage 100.
Sage 100 Version 2018 Feature Highlights
- Spellcheck is here to save the day!
Misspelled or unrecognized words in large text fields appear underlined in red. (Image 1)
Right-click the word to open a menu. Here, you may choose one of the replacement word options, add it to your personal dictionary, or select “ignore all.”
This feature works in a variety of areas of Sage 100 2018, such as memos, comment fields, and paperless office electronic delivery windows
- New role security options
In v 2018, you have more choices for user access, specifically when you run a job for via Job Import/Export Maintenance. New display settings are also available for inactive/restricted warehouses.
New web content options
This includes a toolbar mode view to minimize the desktop. (Image 2)
Status codes are now available in Warehouse Maintenance with 3 options: Restricted, Inactive, and Active.
- You may set a warehouse status as “inactive” only if it’s not currently used in data entry or maintenance records. Examples are open sales orders or ship to addresses.
- The “restricted” option is intended for a warehouse still in use but one that needs to be temporarily suspended. You may establish start and stop dates for the restriction and define exceptions. (Image 3)
The framework for this module has been redesigned/updated. This includes changes to the set-up and maintenance options for the module, along with alterations to the reporting features and data entry windows.
Mobility for Bar Code (formerly the Bar Code module)
There are enhanced import choices for data collected via mobile device as well as new reporting options.
The payroll module framework has been extensively redesigned/updated. Improvements include enhanced security, as personally identifiable information (PII) is now encrypted. For more information on all the changes to this module see Payroll Upgrade (PDF).
SAP Crystal Reports 2016: Version 2016SP04 now ships with Sage 100.
- Please note, before this version can be loaded, earlier versions of SAP Crystal Reports must be uninstalled manually.
- The SAP Crystal Runtime version included in Sage 100 2018 is not backward-compatible. Running it on v2017 or earlier versions requires extra steps. Talk with your MicroAccounting representative for assistance before making any system modifications.
Program Fixes List (PDF)
Ready to discuss an upgrade?
Call MicroAccounting at 214-800-5500 or email us. We will route you to the appropriate party to begin the review process. Our consultants will ensure the update is compatible with any customizations, integrated third-party applications, and/or other configuration options.