My Favorite Things – Sage Intacct Dimensions
Theresa Lamb has spent the last 15 years implementing various products at MicroAccounting, including Sage Intacct. Today, as Director of Consulting, she leads our consulting team while still heavily involved in Sage Intacct implementation projects. Her favorite things:
- I love the family we have built at MicroAccounting and that every day brings a new challenge. I never do the same thing from day to day and I get to help solve problems.
- Learning any craft I can and doing the most ridiculous puzzles I can find.
- Volunteering with The Birthday Party Project, which celebrates birthdays for kids experiencing homelessness.
Favorite Thing About Sage Intacct: Dimensions
Sage Intacct dimensions make it easy to understand the business impact behind transactions while simplifying your chart of accounts.
Here are 3 reasons why it’s Theresa’s favorite.
- Maintenance – If you need to add a new location, department, etc., you just have to set that up once and it is available throughout the system. It literally takes just seconds to add it in the system.
- Reporting by those dimensions – You can easily run any report or view any dashboard by those dimensions. With a click of a button, you can filter any report in the system by any combination of those dimensions without having had to spend a lot of time creating criteria for those filters.
- Chart of Accounts – Your chart of accounts remains exactly that. You no longer have to create segments in your chart of accounts to track those other pieces of data which means if you need to add data elements in the future, you don’t have to do a ton of work to figure out how to build that into your chart of accounts design. Most importantly, you don’t have to worry about accounts missing from your report because new segments are added. Instead, your chart of accounts stays the same regardless of the dimensions you are using and when those are used on transactions.
Sage Intacct Dimensions: Simplify your Chart of Accounts and Streamline Reporting