How DocLink Smart Forms Save Time on Any Process
How long does it take your AP department to manually process just one expense report? Fixing errors like missing or incorrect codes can easily double that time. How about your employees? For some businesses it can take employees an hour to make copies, attach receipts – all to complete just one report.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Automatically move documents through your organization, maintaining visibility along the way
When customers choose DocLink it’s typically to go paperless and gain better visibility and control of documents. That’s just the beginning. With DocLink you can move documents through your organization through a configurable workflow, while having visibility into every step of the process. This results in significant time savings on processes like invoice approvals.
DocLink’s Smart Form Toolkit automates manual processes like expense reports and credit card reconciliations, which sets DocLink apart from other document management solutions.
What are DocLink Smart Forms?
DocLink Smart Forms are custom windows that provide a powerful user experience for indexing and retrieving documents, and simplifying business processes. In fact you can automate any process involving a form – like a vacation request or adding a vendor – put it into a smart form, and store it.
For example, with a DocLink Smart Form, employees can complete an expense report or other form from any device. Because smart forms include drop-down menus for each field, and the employee has to complete every field in order to submit the form, you'll eliminate errors and enforce rules. After the form is submitted the expense report is routed for approval, skipping over manual AP processing. As a result, it only takes minutes for an employee to complete an expense report and it eliminates the hour or more for AP to process each report.
Another example is using the Smart Form Tool Kit to automate customer summaries. Instead of manually creating a weekly list of outstanding balances for every customer, you can use a smart form to automate the process using data already in DocLink and your ERP system, saving your AP department hours every week.
DocLink Smart Forms Offer Many Benefits
- Streamlining any process with a form. Smart forms can replace spreadsheets, fillable PDFs or Word documents—any form you are currently using. With the rules enforced by smart forms, you’ll reduce time spent on data entry and the inevitable human error.
- Creating advanced forms, capturing tens of fields in a single document, eliminating manual entry.
- Auditing documents. Throughout the process you’ll have complete auditability. As a result you can track where the form is, its status, and the approval stages. You can also see who viewed and approved the document.
- Reducing manual data entry—Instead of repeatedly entering data, you can select a vendor from the drop-down; the smart form automatically populates values for that vendor.
- Completing a process without access to the ERP system. Not everyone creating a PO needs to be in the ERP system. By following the purchase requisition process and importing it, DocLink creates the purchase requisition, eliminating the expense of additional licenses.
Ultimately the main benefit of DocLink’s Smart Form Toolkit is that it gives you a framework to create your own smart forms. We even offer classes at DocLink University so you can become a toolkit expert.
Improve efficiency across your company—contact us to learn more about DocLink and the many processes it can automate for you.