Even if you have been happy with Sage 50 for your small- or medium-sized business, its limitations require your staff to constantly manage data outside the system. While Sage 50 is easy to learn and use, you’ll need to upgrade to Sage 100c for the depth of functionality and data visibility that gives the analysis and reporting required by any business.
If your organization is experiencing growth or aspires to do so in the near future, we especially recommend making the switch to Sage 100c. You’ll find it is just as easy to use as Sage 50, and has what it takes to move your business data into that next realm.
If you are wondering why we are not referring to Sage 100, note that it still functions as usual for existing customers, but is being phased out and replaced with Sage 100c, the subscription-based software.
Here’s a list of features only available if you upgrade to Sage 100c:
Concurrent User License
Pay for the number of users who are likely to be working in the system at once, no matter which team members are working within Sage 100c. Sage 50 only offers a Named Users license, so you pay by the person, even for those who use the system infrequently.
Take control and ensure accountability within the system by using batch processing requirements coupled with the following features:
- Role-based security by module, task and/or security event
- Role-based Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) access to allow query of data from Excel
- Security settings to allow or disallow exports from lists or reports to Excel
Historical Records & Data Storage
Keep up to 99 years of history and unlimited data file sizes.
Paperless Office Functions
Archive reports, journals, and forms, and automate email forms.
- Add user-defined fields or tables to most data files, placing text, date, numeric, drop down, checkbox fields just about anywhere within the system. Update the data captured in these custom fields into historical tables for further analysis and reporting.
- Limit the information displayed on each screen as needed for a specific person or group of users.
- Customize fonts and desktop themes.
- Generate standard reports and forms with Crystal Reports, and easily customize them for specific needs.
- Access KPIs with Business Insights dashboard. Refresh data in real-time as often as is necessary.
- Mine data easier with Business Insights Explorer.
- Analyze data in great detail with financial reporting options in Sage Intelligence.
- Conduct database table queries easily with ODBC compliance.
- Export data to Excel.
- Post and track to multiple warehouses.
- Assign alias items for customers, general use or vendors.
- Track unlimited vendors per item with vendor pricing.
- Separate miscellaneous items in a file with non-stock items, charges, and labor items.
- Isolate commission by sales rep or item number.
- Set pricing by customer, grouped levels or ship-to address.
Sales Order and Invoice Processing
- Choose from multiple commission reporting options.
- Reduce/eliminate purchase order (PO) duplicates.
- Control minimum sales margins.
- Select the vendor, by entry line, from which an item should be purchased. Then Auto-generate multi-vendor purchase orders from the sales order.
- Designate specific ship dates on each Sales Order line.
- Set up master or repeating orders in Sales Orders or Purchase Orders.
- Indicate unique date requirements for each Purchase Order Line.